Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rosy Outlook

I had a fabulous time this morning at the Joy To Life Foundation's 10th annual Walk of Life 5K! Almost 5000 runners/walkers...breast cancer survivors, children, dogs in pink tutus, family members with pink hair, face painting, rockin' music, and more! I feel so blessed to have been able to walk with some great friends and in honor of my gram, aunt, and a very special college friend. After last night's heavy rain, lightning, and tornado sirens, the warm sunshine, blue sky, and cool breezes in downtown Montgomery, AL today were a welcome change of pace. Between the fire department's pink shower and confetti, local Gospel group serenade, sky writing, good food, etc...I think I can safely say a good time was had by all while raising money for a worthy cause. Here's a picture showing what was done to all of the public fountains around the city: (Pink water...how fun is that???!) As I'll discuss more when we cover the "Moving" dimension of Wellness, I often like to combine my exercise and charitable efforts with time outdoors, socializing with friends, and honoring friends and family members who have demonstrated great strength and courage in the face of challenging health issues. I see this scenario as "Win-Win-Win-Win-Win!" Covering so many wellness dimensions at the same time feels wonderful...sort of similar to the feeling I get when I can get a really great deal on something I'm shopping for, but even better. :) So, though my legs are a bit sore, my weekend is off to a pretty fantastic start...Whatever you do this weekend, I hope you fully enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day for a wonderful cause! (I hope your legs aren't still too sore!) xo

    ReplyDelete